Messenger live chat is a plugin created by Facebook. You can integrate it directly into your website, meaning your customers can contact you quickly and easily, without having to leave your site.
Table of contents
Set up the chat plugin on Facebook
1. Open the settings of your Facebook page by going to Meta Business → All tools → Page settings.
2. In the Messaging section, find the Add Messenger to your website section and click Get Started.
3. Add your domain name. Make sure you insert the web address without www; use this format: https://domain.com/.
4. You can also customize the plugin in the Customize Your Chat Plugin section.
5. Once you've finished, click Publish.
Add the chat plugin to your Zyro website
1. Find your Facebook page ID by opening the About section of your Facebook page. You may need to click on the More tab if you can’t see the About option.
2. Scroll down to find your Page ID under More info and copy the ID.
3. At Zyro, open your website's editor and access your website's integrations settings.
4. In the Messenger Live Chat field, paste the ID of your Facebook page. You can also choose the preferred language there.
5. Click Save changes and update your website. The chat bubble will become visible on the website within 2-4 hours.
Troubleshoot Facebook Messenger live chat
If you have recently tried integrating Facebook Messenger live chat into your website, but no chat bubble is visible on your website yet, check out the solutions below.
Double-check the domain format
Go to your Facebook page → Settings → Messaging → Add Messenger to your website → Website domain, and make sure that the domain is inserted in this format: https://domain.com/ (no www).
Whitelist your domain
If more than four hours have passed and the chat bubble is not yet on your website, whitelist your domain on your Facebook page settings. Go to your Facebook page → Settings → Advanced messaging, insert your domain (e.g., https://domain.com/) under Whitelisted domains, and click Save.
Double-check the Facebook page ID
Make sure that the correct Facebook page ID is pasted in your website's integration settings. You can find the ID in the About section on your Facebook page under More information.
Or you can simply open your FB page and copy the ID from the address bar.
Update the website
Once the correct Facebook page ID is pasted, make sure to update your website.
Inspect the website
Inspect your website to check if the Facebook page ID has been pushed to your website's code.
1. Access your website online.
2. Inspect your website (the Elements tab).
3. Copy your FB page ID.
4. Search for the ID in the website's code: click anywhere on the code in the Inspect tool → click CTRL+F (Windows) or CMD+F (macOS) → paste the ID and hit enter to search.
Note: This is an optional step – it won't resolve the issue, but it will show you if the integration has been set up correctly. If you're having trouble inspecting your website, get in touch with us!
With the help of a custom code, you can manually add other third-party integrations to your website. These plugins are free or have free trials: