Messenger Live Chat is a plugin created by Facebook. You can integrate Messenger directly into your Zyro website, so your customers could talk to you and ask you questions, without ever leaving your site.
Table of contents
Set up the chat plugin on Facebook end
1. Open your Facebook page.
2. Go to Settings → Messaging.
3. Find the Add Messenger to your website section and click Get Started.
4. Add your domain name. Make sure you insert the without www, in this format: https://domain.com/.
5. You can also customize the plugin in the Customize Your Chat Plugin section.
6. Once you're done, click Publish.
Add the chat plugin to your Zyro website
1. Find your FB page ID. To do so, open the About section of your FB page. You may need to click on the More tab if you can’t see the About option.
2. Scroll down to find your Page ID under More info, and copy the ID.
3. Open your Zyro dashboard.
4. Go to the website Settings → Integrations → Messenger Live Chat, and paste the ID in the field. You can also choose the preferred language:
5. Click Save changes.
6. Finally, go to the editor and Update the website. The chat bubble will get visible on the website within 2-4 hours.
Troubleshoot Messenger Live Chat
If you have recently attempted integrating Facebook live chat into your website, but no chat bubble is visible on your website yet, check out the solutions below.
Double-check the domain format
In your FB page → Settings → Messaging → Add Messenger to your website → Website domain, make sure that the domain is inserted without www, in this format: https://domain.com/
Whitelist your domain
If more than four hours have passed and the chat bubble is not yet on your website, whitelist your domain at FB page settings. Go to your FB page → Settings → Advanced messaging, insert your domain (https://domain.com/) under Whitelisted domains, and click Save.
Double-check the FB page ID
Make sure that the correct FB page ID is pasted in Zyro website Settings → Integrations. You can find the ID in your FB page About section, under More information.
Or you can simply open your FB page and copy the ID from the address bar.
Update the website
Once the correct FB page ID is pasted, make sure to update your website.
Inspect the website
Inspect your website to see if the FB page ID is really pushed to your website's code.
3.1. Access your website online
3.3. Copy your FB page ID
3.4. Search for the ID in the website's code: click anywhere on the code in the Inspect tool → click CTRL+F or CMD+F → paste the ID and hit enter to search
Note: This is an optional step - it won't solve the issue, but rather show you if the integration is set up correctly. If you're having trouble inspecting your website, feel free to reach out to Zyro Customer Support, and they'll help you out.
You can also use other third-party widgets by integrating custom code into your website manually! For example, these plugins are free or have free trials: