You can’t unpublish your website, but there are several workarounds:
Delete a published website template
If you delete a published website template, it will go offline. Note, however, that all of your content will be lost if you delete a website.
You can generate a copy of the website template before deleting it:
1. In your Dashboard, hover over the thumbnail of the website that you wish to unpublish (delete) and click on the settings wheel.
2. Click on Duplicate site. You will then have two versions of your website, a published one and a not published one.
3. Delete the original website that you wanted to unpublish.
Disconnect the domain
To disconnect the domain, go to the site Settings > Domain, and click Disconnect domain:
Create a landing page
You can create a public landing page and hide the rest of the pages you're currently working with.
1. Go to the editor, and open Pages and Navigation:
2. Create a new landing page (+Add Page), and set it as a homepage:
3. Drag the rest pages down to Other pages to hide them:
4. Don't forget to update the website 🚀