Integrating Google Tag Manager into your website is relatively straightforward – just follow the steps below!
1. Open your website settings → Integrations and find the Google Tag Manager.
2. Insert your Container ID there.
Find your Google Tag Manager Container ID
To find your Google Tag Manager Container ID, follow these three steps:
1. Log in to your Google Tag Manager account.
2. You'll see the Container ID which consists of GTM- and some letters or numbers - that’s your Google Tag Manager ID.
3. Paste this ID into your Zyro website settings (Settings → Integrations), and save the changes. Then, go to the editor and update your website.
Note: Remember to update your website every time any code or ID is added to, edited, or removed from your website.
Check if GTM has been added correctly
Method 1: View source code
1. Open your website in a browser.
2. Right-mouse click and select View page source.
3. Search (Ctrl + F / Cmd + F) for your GTM Container ID.
If you can find the ID, it means the integration has been successfully implemented!
Method 2: Use Google Tag Assistant
1. Install Google Tag Assistant (this is a Chrome extension).
2. Open your website in Chrome.
3. Click on the extension, select the wanted tags (check/uncheck the boxes), select if you want to validate selected pages or all pages, and click Done.
4. Then, click Enable and reload the page.
5. Click on the extension again to see the results.