There are two ways to create a dropdown menu, depending on whether you want its title clickable or not.
NOTE: Links (including dropdown menus) are often blocked in the editor and preview because some of them might not even exist until you publish or update your website. Once you do that, you can test the links online!
Create a dropdown without a clickable title
Such a dropdown menu expands automatically when a mouse is hovered over its title. The title won't be clickable.
1. In your website editor, open the Pages and navigation panel on the left and click Add a new dropdown below:
A dropdown item will be inserted into your website's navigation menu.
2. Rename the dropdown menu:
3. To assign pages (or links) to a dropdown menu, drag each page (or link) by the 6 dots so that they would appear underneath the dropdown menu:
Create a dropdown with a clickable title
Such a dropdown menu expands automatically when a mouse is hovered over its title. The title is clickable and opens the main page of your dropdown menu.
1. In your website editor, open the Pages and navigation section on the left. Choose a page that you want to be the main page of your dropdown menu. It means that the title of this page will be the title of your dropdown menu. You can also create a new page for it; it will be opened once someone clicks on the dropdown title.
2. To create a dropdown menu, drag pages (or links) by the 6 dots so that they would appear underneath your main dropdown page:
How to remove a page (or a link) from a dropdown menu
To remove a page or a link from the dropdown, expand the Pages and Navigation panel on the left, and find the item (a page or a link) that you want to remove from the dropdown menu. Click on the settings wheel and select Move out from dropdown:
The removed item won't be deleted, it'll just become an individual item (a page or a link) visible in your navigation menu.
If you delete the whole dropdown menu, the items that were assigned to it won't be deleted either – they'll simply become individual items (pages or links) and be visible in your navigation menu.