In this article, you will learn about the following:
How to Create Legal Pages and Hyperlink Them in the Footer
NOTE: If you've already created legal pages, jump to step 6
1. Within the editor, open the Pages and navigation panel on the left and click Add page.
3. Within the newly created page, place the cursor in-between two sections and click Add section to open a pop-up with the menu of sections.
5. Insert your company name, website name, and email address, and click Add section:
The section with generated content will be inserted into your page. You can edit and update this information anytime.
6. (Optional) Once you create legal pages, you can hide them from your website's navigation menu.
7. Add a footer section to your website.
9. Hyperlink the text with the legal pages that you created earlier:
To add more legal pages and show them in the footer, repeat the steps above.
What Legal Pages Are Necessary?
What legal information is necessary for your website depends on your business and on the laws and regulations in your country.
Most often, you will need the following pages:
Terms and Conditions
This document explains the rules for using your website or online store
This document informs your customers what information is collected through your website. This may include things like:
The payment info page should cover all possible questions about payment methods in your store
The shipping information page in turn explains your delivery policy and may include the following information:
Return Policy or Refund Policy
This document specifies your terms for refunds and product returns in your online store
Templates for Website Policies
You may use various online tools for generating various templates for privacy policies, terms of service, etc. For example:
It's recommended to customize the generated content and checked with a legal professional
If you run an online store, remember to add links to your policy pages in the Store settings → Checkout → Checkout policies