Add legal pages to the bottom of your website
To display legal pages at the bottom (footer) of your website:
1. Go to the Pages and navigation → click Add page.
2. Click on the settings icon → Rename → Hide page → Save.
3. Customize your legal page and include the preferred information.
3. Create a footer. You can attach it to all pages at once (and hide it from particular pages at the same time, too).
4. Drag and drop different text elements or buttons to your footer. You will link them to the hidden pages.
5. Select the text and hyperlink it (or add a link to the button).
6. Repeat for the rest of the pages.
Add legal pages via Store Manager
If you have an eCommerce plan and have access to the Store Manager, you can add pages like:
Terms & Conditions
Shipping & Payment Info
Legal pages are displayed as clickable links at the bottom of your checkout page and on the My Account page. You can also add links to legal pages to your store checkout (from there they will be opened as popup windows).
To add legal pages, do this:
1. From your Store Manager, go to Settings → Legal.
2. Scroll down to the Legal pages and policies section.
3. Click Add Page next to the necessary legal page.
4. Add content for this page.
5. Change the page settings if necessary:
Change page title. You can choose any title for your page.
Specify address of existing page. You can add a link to an individual already-created page with your legal information (if you already have such a page on your website). If you enter a link there, the content under Page content will be ignored. It’s the link that will be used everywhere in your store. Links to your legal pages will also be displayed at the bottom of email notifications sent by your store.
You can also add a special checkbox on your checkout page. Your customers will be able to read and agree with your legal documents at checkout.
To do so, go to the Settings → Legal → Customers' consent and enable Require consent to terms and conditions at checkout.
What legal pages do you need?
The legal pages you need (and their contents) depend on your business and on the laws and regulations in your country. We recommend looking for professional legal advice regarding this.
Most often, you will need pages like:
Terms and Conditions. Or simply the T&Cs – this document explains the rules for using your site/store.
Return Policy. This is a document specifying your terms for refunds and product returns in your online store.
How you process personal information (emails, addresses, names, etc.)
Whether you distribute this information to any third party and if so – what for, when, etc.
Shipping and Payment Info. The payment info page should cover all possible questions about payment methods in your store. The shipping information page in turn explains your delivery policy and may include the following information:
What items are allowed for shipment
Regions to which you deliver your goods
Terms of delivery
Estimated shipping time and price
How you handle returns
There is a number of online tools for generating various templates for privacy policies, terms of service, etc.
Please remember to check the contents of your documents with professional lawyers before adding them as legal pages to your store.