Your customers, products, orders, discount coupons, and abandoned carts can be synced with Mailchimp (available with eCommerce Plus plans). This info allows you to send personalized emails and appropriate offers depending on the customer's purchase history.
You can also use other Mailchimp marketing tools to grow your business. You can:
Create ads for Facebook and Instagram
Publish and schedule posts for Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
Add an email capture popup to your store
You can see all these options in the Store manager → Marketing → Newsletters after you connect the Mailchimp account to your store.
Table of contents
Connecting Mailchimp to your store
To connect Mailchimp to your store:
From your Store Manager, go to Marketing → Newsletters.
Click Connect Mailchimp or click Sign up Free if you don’t have a Mailchimp account yet.
Follow the setup wizard steps:
Choose Mailchimp audience. Customers from your store will automatically get to the connected audience. Those who do not opt in for your emails will be transferred to the Mailchimp audience as unsubscribed members. You can send them only ads, postcards, and transactional emails like order notifications.
(Optional) Export your current store data to Mailchimp. This way you will see everything you know about your customers in your Mailchimp account, which will let you add a personal touch to your email campaigns.
(Optional) Connect your site to Mailchimp:
Insert your domain.
Click Finish Setup.
This will allow you to set up Mailchimp’s pop-up signup form on the connected site that will prompt customers to opt in for your emails. And it will let you set up retargeting emails in Mailchimp to remind customers of your store and encourage them to place orders.
In this view, you can also access your Mailchimp account to create newsletter campaigns, set up ads, create social posts, and add a sign-up pop-up form for your website.
Refer to Mailchimp guides and tutorials for more details:
Creating an email campaign
After you’ve connected Mailchimp to your store, you can send out newsletters. To do that, you will need to create an email campaign in your Mailchimp account.
To create an email campaign:
1. From your Store Manager, go to Marketing → Newsletters.
2. Click Create Newsletter. You’ll be taken to the Mailchimp website.
3. Choose the type of email campaign you want to create: regular, automated, or plain-text. Learn the difference between these types of campaigns in Mailchimp’s guide: Getting Started with Campaigns.
4. Enter Campaign Name, and click Begin.
5. Set up your email campaign. You’ll see Mailchimp’s hints at every step of the setup:
7. Click Schedule and choose when you want the email to be sent out, or click Send to send the emails straight away.