Note: The below-given information is relevant for merchants with Online Store and Advanced Store plans. If you have a Business plan, take a look here 😊
The available online payment gateways are determined by your store location. You can integrate one or more payment systems to accept online payments from your customers. To do so, you simply need to head to the Payment section in your store manager.
Note: Offering several ways to pay may boost your sales and reduce the number of abandoned carts. We recommend using up to three online payment gateways. Besides, next to online payments, you can enable offline (manual) payments in your store, too!
Table of content
Before you begin
When setting up your online payment gateways, remember that:
Your online store does not handle payments directly. It is done with the help of online and/or offline payment methods.
Different online payment processors charge different transaction fees.
Payment provider availability depends on your store location. You can change it in your store manager's Settings → General → Store Profile.
Make sure your preferred online payment processor supports your business.
Adding an online payment gateway
To accept payments online, you should first open a merchant account with a payment processor from the supported payment gateways list.
Then, you can set up this payment gateway in your online store's Payment settings:
1. In your store manager, go to Payment settings and find the section called Add new payment methods.
2. Choose a payment system from the recommended payment options, or scroll down to the More options to accept online payments block and select a payment system from the Choose Payment Method dropdown.
3. Fill out the fields with the details from your account with that payment processor.
4. Enter the display name for this payment method at checkout:
5. Keep the Show at checkout setting as Enabled to offer this payment method at checkout.
6. (Optional) Add payment instructions for this payment method at checkout:
7. (Optional) Connect this payment method with particular shipping options in your store. Customers will see this payment method only if they choose the shipping options you specify. Scroll down to Payment method availability based on shipping choice and click Limit availability by shipping method. Click Select Methods and checkboxes for all the shipping methods you want this payment to be available to. Then, click Select.
That’s it! Your payment gateway is now set up. Try running a test order to get an idea of how this will look to your customers.
The payment gateways will display on your checkout page in order of time you set them up, but you can sort them however you like.
Once a customer pays for an order, funds go to your merchant account and your payment provider has to process a transaction first. For successfully processed transactions, you can withdraw the money from your merchant account to your bank account. You can check order payment statuses in your store manager's section called My Sales.
Sorting payment methods on the checkout
By default, all payment methods display on your checkout page in order of time you set them up, but you can change their order this way:
1. In your store manager, open the Payment settings.
2. Next to any of the enabled payment methods, click Actions, then Sort.
3. Change the order by drag-and-dropping them to the right position. Changes are saved automatically.
Setting your currency for accepting payments
In order to accept payments through your site using a payment provider (e.g., PayPal, Stripe, etc.), the currency in your store account must match the currency in your payment provider account.
To change your currency, please follow this guide 💡
Disabling a payment method
You can disable or remove a payment provider if you no longer wish to use it. Once you've removed it, it no longer appears on your checkout page.
1. In your store manager, open the Payment section.
2. Find the payment method in question and click the toggle button to disable this method to remove it from the checkout page.
3. (Optional) Click Actions, then Remove beside the relevant payment provider to disconnect the payment provider.