To create Facebook or Instagram ads, the process is the same for both through the Facebook Ads Manager.
The main requirements are:
To have a business account for both Facebook and Instagram
To have Facebook Pixel and Pixel events set up for your website.
To set up Pixel and its events, please refer to these guides:
To set up the ads, follow the steps below:
1. Open the Facebook Ads manager, and click on the Create Ad button.
2. Select the target goal of your advertisement and click Continue.
3. Name your ad campaign, select the target ad category and target countries for your ads in this ad campaign:
Important: Make sure that the ‘Catalog’ option is turned off, as importing the Lite store catalog into the Facebook marketplace is yet to be supported.
5. Next, set up your budgeting settings, bidding strategy, and schedule for your ads. Once you've done that, click Next.
Note: You can read about what bidding strategies would work best for you here!
6. In the next step, name your Ad Set. Then set your conversion location to be on your website, and select the conversion event that you want to be tracked by the Pixel event that you have set up.
7. Set the dates for when you want your ad to be activated, and you can also add an end date here if you'd like.
8. In the preceding step, customize your target audience for the specific ad you are launching.
8. Check the rest of the settings to see if they would work for you (the default values usually do), and proceed to the next step.
9. Now, you will be able to select, if you’d like to advertise through your business Facebook account or on your business Instagram account depending on the selected page in this list. In the example, a test Facebook page is selected.
10. On the Ad setup settings, make sure you choose manual upload and choose the wanted format for the ad.
11. After this, simply upload the images for the ads.
The formal sizes and specifications for Facebook Feed Image ads are:
Recommended image size: 1200×628 (1080×1080 for a square image). No maximum size restrictions.
Image ratio: 9:16 to 16:9 (no link involved) or 1.9:1 to 1:1 (if there is a link).
Images no more than 20% text.
Image file types: .jpg or .png. Note: Animated GIFs should be uploaded as a video ad.
12. After uploading your image(s), write the title, subtitle, and description for the ad.
The primary text of up to 125 characters.
Headline: 25 characters (any more will appear truncated)
Link Description: 30 characters
Here, after uploading the image(s) and adding texts, you will also be able to see the preview of the Ad.
13. Select the text on the button from the dropdown.
14. And then the last step would be to add the links you want to advertise and publish the ad!
In the Website URL field, add the link to your product page and in the display link, to keep the ad looking clean, add the URL to your landing (home) page. Now you are ready to publish the ad!
Voilà! After that Facebook will request your payment information for financing the campaign, and your ads will be up and running!