To ensure that your app ad inventory is only sold through channels you’ve identified as authorized, the Authorized Sellers for Apps (app-ads.txt) file comes in handy. It gives you more control over who’s allowed to sell ads on your app and helps prevent counterfeit inventory from being presented to advertisers.
Implementing the app-ads.txt file helps prevent a significant loss in ad revenue.
Get started by updating your app's listing in the app stores (Google Play and App Store for Apple) to include your website in the developer contact URL. Be aware that you don’t need to list your full app-ads.txt URL in the app store listing as AdMob will crawl your website looking for this file using the domain portion of your website’s URL.
Create and publish your app-ads.txt file
Here's an example of what the app-ads.txt file is supposed to look like:
1. Sign in to your AdMob account.
2. Click Apps in the sidebar.
3. Click View all apps.
4. Open the app-ads.txt tab.
5. Click How to set up app-ads.txt.
6. Click on an icon next to the code snippet to copy it.
7. At Zyro, go to your website's integrations settings and paste the copied code into the Google AdMob field:
8. Save the changes and update your website.
NOTE: It can take up to 24 hours for AdMob to crawl and verify your app-ads.txt files
If any issues arise, check out how to resolve them here: Resolve issues with app-ads.txt